What are portal axles?
Portal axles are a modification to your 4×4 that raises the height of the axle and diff housing above the wheel hub, increasing ground clearance. A set of gears then connect the axle shaft to the wheel hub.
Portal axles are the ultimate lift kit for your 4×4, giving you extra clearance to handle the toughest of terrain and look like a beast out on the tracks.
Looking for the ultimate lift kit for your Toyota LandCruiser or Nissan Patrol?
Portal axles are the ultimate 4WD accessory. Give your 4×4 extra clearance to handle the toughest of terrain and look like a beast out on the tracks.
Key features of portal axles
- Comfort, comfort and more comfort.
- Lift your vehicle without sacrificing the quality of your ride on the road.
- With the addition of 35″ tyres the total increase in ground clearance is approximately 150mm (6″) over standard.
- When 35″ tyres are fitted, the differential to ground clearance is equivalent to having a standard live axle fitted with 43″ tyres.
- Improved articulation is also experienced due to the increase in the vehicle track.
- Less body sway is also experienced due to the standard height springs and retention of the sway bars.
- The 16% gear reduction offers this same percentage increase in strength to all of the transmission components from the CV joints back to the engine.
- Each transmission holds approximately 450ml of oil.
- The oil supplied with the portal assemblies is a high quality full synthetic oil.
- The portal axle assemblies are supplied with breather hoses, manifold, and filters.
- Portal vehicles have undergone brake and lane change testing and have easily passed all the required tests.
Got questions about portal axles? Check out our portal axles frequently asked questions.
What vehicles can have portal axles fitted?
Portal axles are designed for the following Toyota LandCruiser models:
- VDJ76, VDJ78, VDJ79
- GRJ71, GRJ76, GRJ78, GRJ79
Portal axles are designed for the following Nissan Patrol models:
- GU Nissan Patrol
- Y61 Nissan Safari
(The design of the portal axles for Nissan Patrol models directly replaces the original Nissan live axle assemblies as fitted to all models from 1998 on).
Portal axle kits include:
- 6″ (150mm) lift under the axle
- Engineered to suit 35″ tyres on 17″ & 18″ wheels
- GVM increased to 3950kg for 79 series, 3780kg for 76 & 78 series
- Track increased by 80mm
- Air operated free wheeling hubs
- Rear axle track corrected to match the front axle
- Transmission drum hand brake on transfer case
- Heavy duty one piece swivel housings
- Slotted brake rotors & ceramic brake pads
- Stainless braided brake lines
- 2nd stage manufacture compliant
- Legal in all states of Australia
CALL US TODAY